Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fore

Two years ago I retired from the golfing circuit. Partly because I had no motivation to get better and partly because I could not stand the shite people talked about on the golf course. "My car is bigger than yours", "Yes but I've got a bigger limit on my credit card". Made me think that these men are compromising for something else.....

Anyway, last night I reconsidered taking back up the game. Here is the reason why.

The other half of the reason is that I like to dress up in "poncy" clothes! Diamond patterns suit me. Myself and Kocktail Ken headed down to Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club to hit a few balls.


Besides the unbelievable architecture, the stunning view of the skyline of Dubai, the assistants at your beck and call, the immaculate greens and the friendly folk, the place is only alright.


Five euro gets you a bucket of balls for the driving range, unlimited balls for the pitching area, which includes two immaculate greens, one of which is equiped with a bunker to practice those sandy shots. You also get unlimited balls for the practice green. So with an invitation to play Colin Montgomerie's course in three weeks time I'm going to brush up on my long, short and medium game. Maybe it is the sport for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dereck your blog is brilliant! Fair play to you!

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I get it colette, Fair play to you. Fairways, i'm on your wavelenght!

12:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home