Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The walk of death

There have been many mistakes I've made so far here in Dubai. The worst being two nights ago when I decided that it wasn't that hot and I went for a stroll around to explore a bit of the place. About 15 minutes later and I was half a mile from the apartment and the streets were spinning around me as sweat flowed from the ends of my fingers.

During the walk back I must have lost a half stone. I was almost at my apartment but before reaching it I had to cross a motorway which had traffic flying past in both directions. Both directions had a 5 lane road. I crossed the first 5 lanes with no trouble but then I got stuck in the middle of the motorway for 15 minutes in the baking heat. Eventually I just had to just put up my hand and run across, as cars screeched to a stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home