Sunday, August 27, 2006

Waxy's

Hungover and a bit worse for ware, the flatmates dragged me to the world famous all day breakfast at Waxy O' Connors on Friday. The breakfast starts at 12. A full Irish breakfast, and I mean FULL. Everything that had ever been considered to be put in a fry since Adam was a boy was thrown in. All you can eat all day. But wait, there's more. At 3.00 out comes the roast with all the works. Spuds, gravy and vegetables and again an all day affair.

Now, I bet you are wondering how much all this costs. If you are a regular reader I think you might have noticed that I have been sampling the more value for money establishments here in Dubai. Well, this one takes the biscuit. All this food is free. Yes free, totally free. I know you are wondering how this Irish bar could ever make money out of this....but they do. You pay 10 euro to get 5 vouchers for any 5 drinks of your choice. You can buy as many of these vouchers as you want until 6 o clock. Then at seven, the vouchers expire. By that time everyone has been drinking for 7 hours. Now this is how they make their money back. They bump up the drink prices and everyone stays and pays them in their drunken state.

The next day at work was the worst yet. Accompanied by the shakes I sat through one of the worst hangovers of my life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever actually do any work between these hangovers?

11:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly....

10:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang on a minute i thought yoou weren't allowed to drink over there...

9:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home