Friday, August 25, 2006

Spice Island

For some reason I think this blog is going to turn into a diary of my culinary experience here in Dubai. In under a week I have visited two unbelievable restaurants. Last night was Spice Island, a restaurant famous for its "all you can eat, all you can drink" philosophy. Now when I heard this I was expecting the food to be just buffet style and not too great, but I couldn't be further from the truth. The restaurant has all these little stations from around the world with the chefs cooking the food right in front of you.

My first stop off was at the fish counter where I sampled lobster for the first time. I cannot put down in writing how good it was, but I'll give it a try. Think of the nicest roast chicken you've ever had......now multiply that by 50......and add 4. It was honestly by far the nicest thing I have ever tasted. I encourage anyone who has never tasted it, to go straight to your local lobster farm, equiped with a pan and a gas cooker, and stay there all night eating.

I went back four times for the lobster before moving on to the sushi bar. To be honest I don't remember whether it was nice or not as the drink had been flowing for the last 4 hours. And all of this for a measly 34 euro.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Moderation is a fatal thing, Nothing succeeds like excess"

I think that 'All you can eat' restaurants should really work on a principle of all you CAN eat, as in, you pay your money and are then contractually bound to eat until you collapse with over-indulgence, or are sick.

11:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... lobster

3:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've still got my holy water!!

3:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home