Saturday, August 05, 2006

The big trip around the place

So myself, the honeyman and the doctor headed off to do the things in Ireland we should have done over our collective 68 years. Here's how we got on......



Yes, Knock. And what a day we had. Hungover and looking like hobos we sweated our way around the holy shrine. To be honest the place looks more like a tacky theme park than a holy shrine. My decision not to wear shoes for a whole week backfired on me as I was ushered into a room by a Limerick nun who thought I had come to follow the ways of Jesus. She told me that I could wear shoes as Jesus himself often sported a pair of leather sandles and "he was Jesus like".

Hungover and tired I made my escape to the main church where mass was about to start. Breaking out in a fit of the drink sweats I turned around to see.......

In my state I thought I was after witnessing the 2nd appearance of Mary at the shrine but it turned out to be a full size statue of Mary that was moving towards me, mounted on a trolley with lights all around her. All I could do was burst out laughing and think of a certain episode of Father Ted and Only Fools and Horses!

The honeyman getting wet with holy water......

And then seawater.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home