Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ramadam Kareem

The holy month of Ramadam has begun, this means a month of no eating or drinking during daylight hours. We are four days into it and the hardest thing I am finding is just remembering that I can't even sip a bit of water in public. In my line of work this is very hard as I am speaking all day.

One of the other problems is that I am working with a certain person who normally I offer a breath mint to every day. Without this I cannot speak to this person for a whole month, as the smell would knock a horse.

It's not all bad during this month though. Working hours are now from 8.30 to 2pm and after the sun goes down most restaurants offer unbelievable food. The meal is called Iftar. It is the meal that you eat after a day of fasting. I'm not sure if all this fasting and then stuffing yourself is all that healthy. I've been reading a lot of papers telling you that it is actually good for you but I am not convinced. Anyway, payday is this week so expect some photos soon when I buy a camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home