Saturday, July 08, 2006

I just don't know

I don't know what it is about being Irish. If we have our own way of doing something, nothing will sway us. For instance, the other day I was in the queue for the drive through in McDonalds. I could hear the woman in front of me making her order. She ordered just a plain burger, no sauce. She repeated "no sauce" at least five times until she was sure that the lady taking her order understood that she did not want a drop of sauce on her burger. She carried on to the next window where she got her burger and asked for a little request.......a sachet of sauce! She then proceeded to pour the sauce on to the burger. The McDonalds worker was obviously as curious as me with this womans antics so she asked her. The woman replied, "I don't like that type of red sauce you use, I prefer the stuff in the packet" When I reached the window I asked if the sauce is the same sauce as that in the packet and the McDonalds worker of course replied "yes of course".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home